I have moved quite some functions from my "testing/playground" R package ggmisc to the gdata package. Bellow is the relevant text from the NEWS file. Here are the links:
- New function .runRUnitTestsGdata that enables run of all RUnit tests during the R CMD check as well as directly from within R.
- Enhanced function object.size that returns the size of multiple objects. There is also a handy print method that can print size of an object in "human readable" format when options(humanReadable=TRUE) or print(x, humanReadable=TRUE).
- New function bindData that binds two data frames into a multivariate data frame in a different way than merge.
- New function wideByFactor that reshapes given dataset by a given factor it creates a "multivariate" data.frame.
- New functions getYear, getMonth, getDay, getHour, getMin, and getSec for extracting the date/time parts from objects of a date/time class.
- New function nPairs that gives the number of variable pairs in a data.frame or a matrix.