It is always good to have someone to ask some questions or to disscus relevant issues. Mailing lists or forums are a very good place for this. Unfortunatelly, there is to my knowledge no place on the net, where one would find all people working in this field in "one place". The field of quantitative and/or statistical genetics is very scattered among various "disciplines" (animal breeding , plant breeding, human genetics, ...). I somewhat monitor the following places, which are more oriented to animal genetics:
- AGDG - Animal Genetics Discussion Group (subscribe to AGDG-list)
- ANGENMAP - ANimal GENe MAPpers
- Quan_Gen - Quantitative Genetics and Bioinformatics
- ACTEON (in Spanish, but Google helps me here;) )
- GG - GrainGenes (send e-mail to the curator to add you on the mailing list)
Unfortunatelly, there is not much disscussion these days. I tried to search for any additional relevant mailing lists for quantitative and/or statistical genetics. I found these:
P.S. If you do not want to have an email jam in your inbox, I warmly recomend you to use something like Bloglines.com, which allows you to create an e-mail to subscribe to a particular list. Then you can read the e-mails as any other RSS news.