2008-03-08

Blue-eye and red-eye removal with Picnik

I often get blue-eyes when taking photos of animals. There are a lot of tutorials about removal of red-eye, however they do not work for my problems with blue-eyes, sometimes even with red-eyes ;) I discovered recently Picnik, which is a web application for image editing. It is free and you can even start to use it without registration. Well, free set of features are also available in tools like Picasa or Gimp, however {red,blue}-eye removal is really fancy. Instead of tweaking the red channel it pops a fake eye on {red,blue}-eye area. I guess that the algorithm works with color intensity, but I am not really interested in the details, since this tool in general does what I want. Perhaps additional brushing in Gimp is needed to remove a fake look.

No comments: